Mercy Corps is interested to solicit solar energy product supplier companies
- Category : Solar & Photovoltaic
- Posted Date : 08/17/2022
- Phone Number : 0111110777
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 08/26/2022
Resilience In Pastoral Areas (RIPA) -Request for Application
Issuance Date: August 1, 2022
Closing date for Application: August 11, 2022
Overview: Resilience in Pastoralist Area-North (RIPA-North) is a five-year USAID funded FtF program that aims to improve the resilience capacities of households, markets, and governance institutions across 22 woredas in the Somali, Afar and Oromia regions.
RIPA is implementing Market Systems Development (MSD) approach, that will involve multiple partnerships with private sector and government actors. One of the subsector Mercy corps RIPA is trying to develop is solar energy market system. It is aiming at improving access to solar energy products to the community in its intervention areas. Hence Mercy Corps RIPA is trying to address challenges regarding solar energy product access.
Purpose: The purpose of this RFA is to solicit Expression of Interests (EOI) from prospective awardees for implementing activities under the RIPA project, focused on promoting access to solar energy products to households, businesses, and irrigation farmers.
Eligibility Criteria for application: Mercy Corps is interested to solicit solar energy product supplier companies who fulfill the following ELIGIBILITY criteria for the co-investment to improve access to solar energy products:
- Should be legally registered under Ethiopian law and should have renewed business licenses.
- Companies who have been supplying genuine and authenticated solar energy product to the market at least for the last five consecutive years.
- Companies who have quality assurance certificate for their list of products from relevant authorities
- Companies who have reasonable amount of solar energy product stocks (in quantity and variety) in their store
- Commitment/interest to recruited commission agents and work through them to reach end line consumers.
- Established physical and digital system with committed staff to provide after sell services
- Commitment to share information related to the service and the business operation with mandated local government bodies and the Mercy Corps.
Areas not eligible for funding
- Financial support for purchase of the items deemed as restricted items by USAID. Restricted items include used machinery and equipment and other USG surplus machinery and equipment).
- Program Target Areas
- Somali, Afar and Oromia Regions
Interested applicants can collect the full application package from the address indicated below starting from August 17, 2022, between 8:30am and 4:30pm, MC Ethiopia Country office: Hayahulet, Near Gulla gul, Telephone number +251.111.110.777