Mercy Corps RIPA program is seeking applications from individuals or groups interested in providing different facilities/services in and around the livestock marketplaces/centers
- Category : Agriculture Farm Products
- Posted Date : 12/19/2022
- Phone Number : 0111110777
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 01/15/2023
Call for Applications
Mercy Corps is an international, non-governmental humanitarian relief and development organization that exist to alleviate suffering and poverty by helping people build secure, productive, and sustainable community driven changes.
Mercy corps RIPA program is implementing Market Systems Development (MSD) approach, to stimulate sustainable, systemic change on a large scale. This will involve multiple partnerships with private sector and government actors. Thus, Intensified and Sustained pastoral and Agro-pastoral production and marketing component of the program is planned to improve the marketplace facilities and service delivery system for the livestock producers and traders transacted within the livestock market centers.
Mercy Corps will consider applications from individuals or groups interested in providing different facilities/services in and around the livestock marketplaces/centers. Thus, Mercy Corps RIPA program is seeking applications from individuals or groups interested in providing different facilities/services in and around the livestock marketplaces/centers located in Somali region )Degahabour and Dambel), Oromia region (Babile and Miesso) and Afar region (Chifra and Assayita) as per the detailed in call for application available at www.mercycorps.org/tenders
- Types of businesses that will be considered: private business or youth association aspired to introduce animal sheds for fee, feed and water retailing and other related facilities in the livestock marketplaces
- Should be legally registered under Ethiopian law and should have renewed business licenses.
- Clear vision and commitment for a sustainable business model
- Financial means to invest in the new business model (with a cost-share contribution from Mercy Corps RIPA Project)
- Willingness to partner with local government who owned and managing the livestock marketplaces and also consent on to secure land as needed for additional infrastructure development for the business expansion activities
- The applicant should be from the program targeted areas and commitment to share information related to the service and the business operation with mandated local government bodies and the Mercy Corps.
Expression of interest (proposal) that contains both technical and financial proposal as per the format provided in the call for application in a sealed envelope shall be submitted to the below Mercy corps office.
- Addis Ababa office located Yeka Sub-City, Kebele 08, House No. 377; Hayahulet, Tel. +251- 111110777, P. O. Box 14319 OR to [email protected]
- Deadline for submission January 15, 2023, 10:00AM and proposals received after this date may not be considered.
- Financial proposal should be in birr that indicates total amount of investment, expected contribution from Mercy Corps and own source
- Mercy Corps reserves the right to reject the bid fully or partially.