Mercy Corps RIPA program is seeking applications from supermarkets or other enterprises interested in becoming distribution hubs and retail points for JESH meat carcasses
- Category : Other product Distributors
- Posted Date : 11/23/2022
- Phone Number : 0111110777
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 12/31/2022
Call for Applications
Mercy Corps is an international, non-governmental humanitarian relief and development organization that exist to alleviate suffering and poverty by helping people build secure, productive, and sustainable community driven changes.
Mercy corps RIPA program is implementing Market Systems Development (MSD) approach, to stimulate sustainable, systemic change on a large scale. This will involve multiple partnerships with private sector and government actors. Thus, Intensified and Sustained pastoral and Agro-pastoral production and marketing component of the program is planned to support downstream retailers’ business who sale and distribute quality meat supplied by Jigjiga Export Slaughterhouse (JESH) and partner with JESH as sustainable distribution and retail channels.
Thus, Mercy Corps RIPA program is seeking applications from supermarkets or other enterprises interested in becoming distribution hubs and retail points for JESH meat carcasses in Jigjiga, Harar and Diredawa towns as per the detailed in call for application available at www.mercycorps.org/tenders
- Types of businesses that will be considered: Supermarkets, wholesalers, large food retailers or other enterprises that are well positioned to become a distribution hub.
- Should be legally registered under Ethiopian law and should have renewed business licenses.
- Clear vision and commitment for a sustainable business model
- Financial means to invest in the new business model (with a cost-share contribution from RIPA)
- Willingness to develop a business relationship with JESH for the purchase of meat carcasses
- Commitment to share information related to the service and the business operation with mandated local government bodies and the Mercy Corps.
Expression of interest (proposal) that contains both technical and financial proposal as per the format provided in the call for application in a sealed envelope shall be submitted to the below Mercy corps office.
- Addis Ababa office located Yeka Sub-City, Kebele 08, House No. 377; Hayahulet, Tel. +251- 111110777, P. O. Box 14319 OR to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for submission December 31, 2022, 10:00AM and proposals received after this date may not be considered.
- Financial proposal should be in birr that indicates total amount of investment, expected contribution from Mercy Corps and own source
- Mercy Corps reserves the right to reject the bid fully or partially.