Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) intends to produce a video documentary that highlights the impact of the humanitarian response
- Category : Entertainment & Docu
- Posted Date : 11/23/2022
- Phone Number : 0115512922
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 11/27/2022
Invitation for Consultancy Services
Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is an International Non-Governmental Organization working on both humanitarian and development aid in many countries around the world. In Ethiopia, NCA started its operations in 1974 in program areas such as water sanitation and hygiene (WASH), reproductive health, climate resilience, peacebuilding, and humanitarian response.
NCA is affiliated with the World Council of Churches and is a member of the ACT Alliance with a presence in 31 countries worldwide. In Ethiopia, NCA has been operating since 1974. NCA’s programmes are implemented together with local faith-based partners. NCA is a member of various CSO networks, coordination mechanisms, and clusters in Ethiopia. In its new strategic period (2020-2024), NCA Ethiopia implements programmes focused on Climate Resilient Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH); Faith-Based Climate Action; Peacebuilding; Gender-Based Violence/Sexual/ Reproductive Health; Humanitarian Emergency Response; as well as a new Programme initiative on Renewable Energy, Greening, and Sustainability.
Under its humanitarian emergency Programme, NCA Ethiopia has been implementing an emergency response on food security and livelihood support for conflict affected communities in Afar, Tigray, Amhara regional states. The response, implemented together with its local partners, EOC-DICAC and EECMY-DASSC, aims to re-engage conflict & drought affected farming households in agricultural activities; improve hygiene practices and access to life-saving WASH services appropriate and relevant to their immediate needs; and enhance the protection of children and young people through improved food and nutritional support.
This TOR has been issued to appoint an experienced and professional consultant to undertake video documentary that highlights the impact of the response on the lives and livelihoods of communities in the intervention area.
To showcase the above-stated emergency response initiatives, NCA Ethiopia intends to produce a video documentary that highlights the impact of the humanitarian response on the lives and livelihoods of conflict affected communities in the intervention area. The documentation will take place in two selected Woredas (Sekota Zuria and Habru Woredas) of Amhara Region that are deemed safe to travel to.
- Develop the documentary overall concept and scenario together with NCA focal persons.
- Develop the documentary script and story board to be used in shooting and production of the documentary and submit to NCA for review.
- Travel to project sites, conduct key informant interviews, and conduct selected interviews for the documentary. Please note that the consultancy firm is expected to handle its own logistics such as transportation, per diem and accommodation, etc.
- Perform appropriate video filming and shoot interviews with the projects’ major rights-holders and
- Present a draft documentary to NCA Ethiopia for review/comments. In addition to filming, this includes translation, narration (if required) into English language and subtitling of the video output.
- Incorporate the comment from NCA and produce a final documentary.
- Submit both high resolution and low-resolution files of the documentary including the RAW files to NCA Ethiopia.
- Bidders must have renewed trade licence/ certificates for 2015 E.C. (2022/23 G.C.), VAT, TIN, Registration Certificate, and other supporting letter/s concerning whether they have paid the taxes for government. Besides, a previous experience supported with certificates from client/s is/are mandatory.
- Bidders should submit their technical (including company profile) and financial offers in wax-sealed envelopes separately to NCA’s Procurement on or before November 28, 2022, 4:30 PM and must be accompanied by a bid bond amounting to two (1%) of the offer in the form of CPO or bank guarantee
Interested and eligible consultancy firms may collect Terms of reference (TOR), including Scope of Work prepared for this purpose for free from 9:00 AM to 12:00 noon or from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM during Date November 21-27,2022 time 4:30 PM from NCA office, whose address is:
Wello Sefer, Ethio-China Friendship Avenue, Opposite Tebaber Berta Residence
P.O. Box 1248, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Telephone: +251 (0) 115512922, Fax: +251 (0) 115518167
NCA Ethiopia reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids. Late bids shall also be rejected