Palladium CATALYZE MS4G expects to introduce and onboard up to 250 businesses engaged in the WASH sector to eCommerce platforms and increase their sales
- Category : Purchases
- Posted Date : 12/26/2022
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 01/18/2023
REQUEST FOR APPLICATION
Introduction and Onboarding WASH (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene) SME to e-Commerce Platform
RFA No: RFA-CATALAYZE-21772-Ethiopia-2022-0052
CATALYZE Market Systems for Growth (MS4G), an initiative funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by Palladium LLC, inviting local eCommerce platforms that are interested in introducing or scaling of WASH products on their platforms. CATALYZE MS4G is implementing an accessible marketplace for end users, businesses, and WASH suppliers which will be integrated into an existing and well-established market ecosystem (eCommerce platform) under USAID Prime Contract #7200AA19C00080.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact —the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with corporations, governments, foundations, investors, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits.
Through partnering with one or more Ethiopian eCommerce platforms, CATALYZE MS4G expects to introduce and onboard up to 250 businesses engaged in the WASH sector to eCommerce platforms and increase their sales. This in turn is expected to advance the following primary objectives:
- Support WASH enterprise sales growth, performance, and sustainability through the use of digital solutions and eCommerce platforms to increase access to the domestic consumer market and improve business efficiencies. eCommerce provides access to new markets that would otherwise require higher amounts of capital and resources to reach.
- Pilot and scale financial solutions and/or services that will enhance WASH eCommerce sellers’ ability to expand and sustain sales.
- Leverage the expansion of the number and diversity of WASH products available on eCommerce platforms to enhance access to WASH products across Ethiopia and thus support healthier Ethiopian communities, households, and workforces.
Through Fixed Amount Awards (FAAs) issued to one or more eCommerce partners, CATALYZE MS4G aims to achieve the following outcomes:
- Up to 250 businesses (at least 30% women-owned) engaged in the WASH sector (production and service provision) introduced to eCommerce to expand sales
- Up to 250 WASH-focused businesses onboarded onto eCommerce platforms
- eCommerce digital credit solutions for buyers or sellers of WASH products.
- Increase in sales of participating SMEs by 10% over a 12-month period
Important notes for interested bidders:
RFA released on December 22, 2022, on CATALYZE website, interested bidders can access the RFA by clicking the link below:
Attachments can be found by visiting the CATLAYZE procurement website the Current Opportunities – My CMS (catalyze-procurement.com)
- If potential applicants have any questions, queries, or clarifications, they may forward them to the following email address before the date stated on the cover page of this RFA: [email protected] Answers will be shared through an amendment to this RFA. 2 / 15 We are kindly inviting the applicants to send their expression of interest in participating in the conference related to this RFA through an email no later than December 28, 2022, @ 5:00PM EAT to: [email protected] Late questions will not be accepted and entertained.
- Virtual/In-person bidders conference: December 29, 2022, from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM, Nairobi time (UTC +3).
- Submission: CATALYZE MS4G requires that applications be submitted electronically (e-mailed) to [email protected] no later than January 18, 2023, @ 5:00PM EAT.
- Late bid submission will not be considered.
- Issuance of this RFA does not constitute an award commitment on the part of CATALYZE MS4G, nor does it commit CATALYZE MS4G to pay for any costs incurred in the preparation and submission of an application. Further, CATALYZE MS4G reserves the right to reject any or all applications received. Applications are submitted at the risk of the Applicant, and all preparation and submission costs are at the Applicant’s own expense.
This RFA is also posted on the 2merkato.com business portal website