Palladium wants select multiple business advisory service providers (BASPs) to each support 5 – 15 SMEs (minimum 5 and maximum 15 SMEs) for 75 SMEs WASH in Hawassa, Jimma and Bahirdar
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 08/17/2022
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 08/26/2022
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Support for the improved performance of SMEs in WASH Businesses
RFP No: RFP-CATALYZE-217772-Ethiopia-2022-0320
USAID CATALYZE Ethiopia:MS4G is a four-year buy-in to benefit the Ethiopian population, build community resilience, and strengthen rural-urban linkages in the areas of food security, WASH, and COVID-19 economic recovery. MS4G focuses on facilitating access to jobs and sustainable opportunities for women and youth and enterprise resiliency, leading to better employment and food security for individuals and communities. MS4G is designed to provide support to agriculture and WASH enterprises by strengthening the enterprises’ support ecosystem not just in Addis Ababa but also in select secondary cities. MS4G invests in developing relationships with private sector players, co-investing in inclusive business models, advisory services, digital solutions, and market-based initiatives that increase the resilience and sustainability of Ethiopian enterprises and employment for women and youth.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact — the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with corporations, governments, foundations, investors, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
The purpose of the RFP is to select multiple business advisory service providers (BASPs) to each support 5 – 15 SMEs (minimum 5 and maximum 15 SMEs) for 75 SMEs WASH in Hawassa, Jimma and Bahirdar, to create a vibrant network of BASPs to support the growth of enterprises in WASH sector. However, the capacity of business advisory service providers to support the number of (5 – 15 SMEs) that they can serve will be determined by their institutional and technical capacity.
The selected business advisory service providers (BASPs) will support 5 – 15 SMEs (minimum 5 and maximum 15 SMEs) in the WASH sector in Hawassa, Jimma and Bahirdar.The BASP will assess each company’s performance, propose business advisory services to achieve strategic objectives, to achieve sales and revenue growth goals. Efforts may include, but are not limited to, strategy work, business development, capacity building, mentoring, coaching, financial and digital literacy and business development training and management development.
Selected BASPs will be responsible for the four activities described below
- Identify businesses. Each BASP must select between 5 and 15 companies to support.
- Firm-specific Operational and Financial Diagnostic. Identify an appropriate business diagnostic tool and conduct firm-level business diagnostic.
- Based on the diagnostic, submit a proposal for services to be rendered. The firm must approve the proposed changes required to achieve the objective of sales and revenue growth.
- Capacity building. The BASP will also provide short-term consultancy and training services as
Read the full RFP for more information on the activities.
Important notes for interested bidders:
RFP released on August 12, 2022, on CATALYZE website, interested bidders can access the RFP by clicking the link below:
Attachments to the RFP can be found by visiting the CATLAYZE procurement website the Current Opportunities – My CMS (catalyze-procurement.com)
- Questions deadline dates: August 16, 2022, at 02:00PM, Nairobi time (UTC +3)
- Virtual Bidders’ conference: August 17,2022 at 10:00 – 11:00AM, Nairobi time (UTC +3)
- Submission of offers:
Electronic proposals must be submitted by sending two separate emails, one for technical proposal and one for cost proposal with the RFP number RFP-CATALYZE-217772-Ethiopia-2022-0320 in the subject lines
- Closing Date and Time: August 26, 2022, at 11:59PM, Nairobi time (UTC+3)
- The company has the right to cancel the bid fully or partially.
This RFP is also posted on the 2merkato.com business portal website.