PATH ethiopia is seeking a technical consultant with knowledge and understanding of the low land health landscape in Ethiopia
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 11/07/2022
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 11/17/2022
INVITATION FOR CONSULTANT TO SUPPORT PROPOSAL POSITIONING, PREPARATION, AND DEVELOPMENT FOR THE ANTICIPATED USAID ETHIOPIA LOWLANDS HEALTH ACTIVITY
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Duration: December 2022 – March 2023
Maximum number of days: 60 days
Reporting to: PATH Ethiopia Country Director
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and several other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The purpose of this consultancy is to support PATH in developing a compelling and competitive proposal for USAID/Ethiopia’s anticipated Lowlands Health Activity procurement. PATH is positioning to respond to an RFP that is expected to be released on/around December 2022 or January 2023. The Lowlands Health Activity will improve health and nutrition outcomes in the pastoral areas by increasing access to, and the quality and utilization of health services through 1) enhancing PHC facility governance and functionality 2) Improving access to and quality of services through client-cantered and contextualized service delivery models and 3) increasing adoption of healthy behaviours, including utilization of health services.
PATH is seeking a technical consultant with knowledge and understanding of the low land health landscape in Ethiopia, particularly in Somali, Oromia and SNNP regions. The consultant will be responsible for looking for and arranging relevant documents from various sources, coordinating meetings with Ethiopia MoH, PATH’s potential partners, and other stakeholders relevant to its response to this opportunity.
The period of performance for this short-term consultancy will begin on December 01, 2022
The consultant will:
- Collect and compile the different required resource materials from government departments/ ministries, donors, and other stakeholders relevant to the procurement as per the details in the RFI and RFP.
- Support profiling and landscaping potential partners that PATH should consider partnering with for successful program implementation. This will involve looking at their strengths upon which PATH can leverage vis a vis program requirement and their geographic coverage within Ethiopia; propose potential partnering solutions that will support a competitive proposal.
- Work closely with the proposal technical leads and writer and be available for regular reviews for a well-coordinated capture process.
Breakdown of proposed activities and deliverables:
|Activity||Deliverable||Proposed number of days|
|1. Review Lowlands Health Activity RFI
2. Profile and landscape the potential partners that PATH will leverage on in the different geographic areas and map their geographic coverage with Ethiopia.
|· Comprehensive list of potential PATH partners based on technical need and in-country partner capabilities, including areas of strength for collaboration.
· Updated partner landscaping matrix.
|3. Identify and collect the relevant resource materials from government departments/ ministries and all stakeholders relevant to the call as per the detail in the RFI.||· Resource materials shared with PATH team.||2|
|4. Identify challenges related to the anticipated program SOW and provide recommendations for a winning proposal strategy that will address these challenges and related opportunities.||· Report on challenges, opportunities, recommendations, and strategies for PATH’s proposal, informed by on-the-ground context, relevant resource documents, and stakeholder priorities/strategies.
· Engagement in virtual and in-person meetings to discuss these challenges, opportunities, and potential solutions.
|5. Determining PATH’s reputation/ perception with MCC and its procurement agent, MOH, and other key stakeholders.||· Report on PATH’s reputation with USAID and MOH and areas of opportunity to address and/or strengthen reputation vis a vis proposal preparation and development.||2|
Minimum qualifications include the following:
- An advanced degree (PhD or Master’s) in public health, health science, health informatics, epidemiology, business administration, or relevant field.
- Broad and grounded knowledge of the health system in Ethiopia
- Ability to arrange and coordinate meeting with partners and experts from the government and non-governmental sector
- Significant work experience in developing and supporting proposal development, particularly in Ethiopia and for USAID.
- The selected consultant will work under the supervision of PATH Ethiopia’s Country Director, with management and delegation also from proposal team leadership.
The following documents must be submitted for review
- Detailed CV, indicating all experience from similar assignments, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate.
- Letter of expression of interest (cover letter); and
- At least three (3) professional references
Interested applicants should submit in person a Hard copy of their CV & related credentials as well as daily financial proposals along with profiles mentioned above in a sealed envelope on or before November 17, 2022; 4:00 P.M to the following address: PATH Ethiopia Country Program, Bole Sub-city, Woreda 03, 711 MOENCO Road, P.O. Box 493 code 1110, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.