The Association of Ethiopian Micro Finance Institutions now invites qualified Training and Academic Institutions (Resource Organizations) or Consulting Firms
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 08/27/2021
- E-mail : email@example.com
- Phone Number : 0115572202
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 09/13/2021
Request for Expression of Interest Association of Ethiopian Micro Finance Institutions (AEMFI)
Program: Rural Financial Intermediation Program III
Assignment: Preparing/Revising Training Modules for various Types of Training including pastoralist area operating MFIs
Grant/Loan No. Reference No. 2000003210/2000003211
- The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) for the Rural Financial Intermediation Program III (RUFIP-III) and a portion of the funding will be utilized towards qualified payments on assignments for consultancy services assistance for undertaking different titles of training and training of trainers of MFIs professionals serving in different positions.
- The main purpose/objective of this consultancy is to enhance the capacity of MFIs engaged at RUFIP III program through training to deliver inclusive and sustainable financial services to their targeted clients and others low income rural population in their operating areas. In line with this general purpose the expected output is development/reviewing of training modules that are going to be used as training materials for the enhancement of the capacity of human resource in the micro finance sector involved in this program. The main activities include :
- Developing training manuals/modules
- Reviewing and revising existing training manuals/ modules
- Compiling final training completion report to be submitted to AEMFI
- The Association of Ethiopian Micro Finance Institutions now invites qualified Training and Academic Institutions (Resource Organizations) or Consulting Firms to indicate their interest in providing the above mentioned services. Interested Resource Organizations/Consulting Firms must provide information demonstrating that they are qualified to perform the assignments (promotional materials, description of similar assignments undertaken in Ethiopia and/or other developing countries for at least a period of two years, experience in similar conditions, general qualification and experience and number of key staff available for the tasks, renewed appropriate licenses, etc).
- Prospective Resource Organization(s) or Consulting Firm(s) may associate to enhance their qualifications, but should mention whether their association is in the form of either “Joint-Venture” or “Sub-Consultancy”. In the case of an association, all members of such ‘association’ should have real and well-defined inputs to the assignment and the same should be detailed in the EOI submitted.
- Resource Organizations/ Consulting Firms will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in IFAD Guidelines: www.ifad.org (Project Procurement Handbook). Short listing firms will be conducted on the basis of an assessment of the firm’s profile, experience and competencies of proposed resource persons. The final selection of the organization to perform the assignment shall be based on a Quality-and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method through Request for Proposals.
- All pages of the EoI document should be numbered, dated, signed, stamped and the stamp of the organization should be sealed near the authorized signatory on all pages. The application should be signed by authorized person. Additional sheets to be attached by the applicant should also be numbered and submitted as a package with signed letter. All costs associated with the preparation and submission of EoI shall be covered by the applicant. Bidder firms could attach more evidential documents.
- Legal documents Required from the applicant includes : Certified copy of valid registered VAT, Certified copy of valid Tax Identification Number (TIN); Renewed Trade license for fiscal year, Valid Tax clearance Certificate, Professional Salary income taxes payment evidences etc.
- Interested Resource Organizations or Consulting Firms may obtain further information, if required at the address below during working days (Monday to Friday) from 8:30 a.m – 12:30 p.m and 1:30 p.m to 5:30 p.m.
- Submission of EOI must be in sealed envelopes, clearly marked “Expression of interest for consulting services and preparations/revisions of training modules for MFIs professionals with AEMFI under RUFIP III (IFAD financing)” and delivered to the address given below by 5:30 p.m (local time), 15 (Fifteen ) consecutive days after the EOI is publicly advertised.
- The EoI and all documents shall be submitted in English, one original and one copy. Late submission shall be rejected. Details of evaluation criteria are attached on the Table below.
Table 1: Variables of evaluation and corresponding weights (%) to select a consultant
|No.||Variables of Evaluation||Weights
|Distribution of Weights|
|1||Previous Specific relevant experience of the firm related to the Assignment ( Bidders or short listed candidates must submit at least two certificates/testimonials of satisfactory execution of contracts provided by contracting parties to the contracts successfully completed)||10||10|
|2||Quality/Adequacy and Relevance of the proposed work plan and Methodology in responding the
|2.2||Organization and staffing of the firm||5|
|3||Qualification and competence/experience of proposed personnel for the assignment-Detail experiences of personnel. A Curriculum vitae ( CV) of experts/personnel shall be attached||45|
|3.1.||General experience-Academic Qualification of assigned staff or Availability of appropriate & key
staff for the assignment
|3.1.1.||At least 4 international staff ( PHD) with financial sector experience||5|
|3.1.2.||At least 2 national staff (PHD) in economics, finance and management areas||5|
|3.1.3.||At least 6 national and international MA/MSC financial sector experts/trainers||5|
|3.1.4.||Team leader at least MA/MSC and 10 years relevant experience in training / teaching||5|
|3.2||Specific experience- Relevant experience of proposed personnel for the assignment||25|
|3.2.1||Experience of assigned staff in the preparation/revisions of training modules||10|
|3.2.2||Experience of assigned staff to the micro finance sector in particular||4|
|3.2.3||Countries experience/exposure in relation to financial institutions for assigned staff (1 country=1, 2
country=2, 3 More country =3)
|3.2.4||Experience of the firm in preparing/reviewing modules||8|
|4.||Facilities available for the assignment||15|
Expression of Interest (EoI) shall be submitted into the tender box prepared for this purpose or deliver on hand to the office on or before the delivery date stated above. The address of the association is:
Association of Ethiopian Micro Finance Institutions (AEMFI) Africa Avenue, P.O. Box 338 Code 1110, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Tel +251 115 572202/ 0115-572170
AEMFI reserves the right to reject all or parts of this ROE