The Competitiveness and Job Creation (CJC) -Industrial Parks Development Corporation now invites qualified eligible Contract administration experts (ICs) to indicate their interest in providing the services.
- Category : Engineering Related Consultancy
- Posted Date : 10/03/2022
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 10/17/2022
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
FOR Contract Administration Expert
COUNTRY: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia-Industrial Parks Development Corporation.
NAME OF PROJECT: Competitiveness and Job Creation Project
Project ID: P143302, IDA-62630
Assignment Title: Contract Administration Expert (Local recruitment)
The Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia-Industrial Parks Development Corporation had received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Ethiopia Competitiveness and Job Creation Project-CJC (P143302).
The Competitiveness and Job Creation (CJC) Project under the Industrial Parks Development Corporation, the project implementing agency, intends to apply part of the proceeds to eligible payments under the contract for which this Request for Expressions of Interest is issued.
Project Development objectives
The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to contribute to job creation by attracting investments and improving enterprise competitiveness in the targeted Industrial Parks (IP) and linked domestic enterprises.
The overall objective of this individual Expert assignment will be to oversee the managements of contracts under the CJC Project in planning, implementation and monitoring of contracts. The Contract administration Expert will work in close coordination with Supervision Contractors, procurement specialists, Project coordinator and other actors defined in contract agreement for quality, timely and cost effective implementation of contractors in course of execution of various civil works contracts and consultancy assignments for effective and efficient completion of contracts.
The Scope of the Consultancy Services:
The overall service is to contribute to the objectives and goals of the Competitiveness and Job Creation Project. Therefore, major tasks that IPDC-CJC needs to perform on regular and programmed basis to lead the Competitiveness and Job Creation (CJC) Project are as follows.
- Formulate and prepare complete and well-defined contract agreements, in close coordination with the IPDC lawyers, Prepare contract implementation plans, monitor implementation thereof, review deliverables, and manage contract changes, agree construction schedules with Site Managers and Engineer/consultant and regularly monitor progress, Communicate schedules and subsequent changes to all affected parties. Intervene and agree action plans to recover delays where possible, Ensure timely request for and delivery of all information that is on the schedule critical path and Compile such reports as are required to demonstrate progress against schedules and budget.
- Ensure contracts are implemented timely and in accordance with the terms of the contracts agreement and minimize the risk of contract variations and time extensions, Receive requests, obtains estimates, update records, initiates paperwork and follow up on request for approval of work not previously covered in the contract; processes and obtain approval of contract changes. Identify variations to contract that will impact on the schedule and ensure schedule is revised to accommodate them, Interpret contract provisions to help resolve claims and questions submitted by contractors, Monitor compliance to contract requirements and terms of the contract to ensure all conditions are satisfied before approval of any payment, Initiate and/or conduct meetings with contractors and Contract Administration Experts concerning contractual problems as necessary. Establish and update records of all correspondence related to contract activity, Work closely with procurement specialists to prepare bid documents and bidders list, including inquiry preparations, request for bids and recommendations for award of contract as per the World Bank procurement guidelines and Represent/ support CJC Project during statutory and internal audits including audits and reviews by financiers and procurement reviews.
The detailed further information of each task is described in the ToR, which can be obtained upon request.
The Competitiveness and Job Creation (CJC) -Industrial Parks Development Corporation now invites qualified eligible Contract administration experts (ICs) to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested candidates should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (CV, Relevant Testimonies, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc.).
The Contract administration expert will be selected and engaged on the basis of their qualification for the assignment in accordance with the World Bank’s guidelines. The attention of interested Experts/Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, Revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Qualification and Experience Required:
- Minimum of BSc degree in Civil Engineering, construction management with experience of at least eight years in managing complex and large value works and contracts.
- At least five years of experience with demonstrative effectiveness, in providing technical support on contract administration issues on large and complex projects.
- The candidate should have demonstrated professional experience in the interpretation of contractual documents. Experience on donor funded projects that employ harmonized FIDIC Condition of Contracts would be preferable. The incumbent shall have extensive knowledge of national rules and regulation.
Duration of the assignment/contract
The duration of this assignment/contract shall be 6(six) months with possible extension.
Location: Industrial Parks Development Cooperation- Competitiveness and Job Creation (CJC), Addis Ababa.
The contract administration expert may obtain further information at the address provided below during working days and office hours from 8.30am-12:30pm and 2:00 – 5:00pm local time from Monday to Thursday and from 8.30-11:30am and 2:00- 5:00pm local time on Fridays.
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should submit applications including a CV and Cover Letter via email address: email@example.com and Copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or by hand clearly indicating the position title as per the detail indicated in the Request for Expression of Interest on or before Monday 17 October 2022 up to 5:00pm.Local Time.
Industrial Parks Development Corporation,
Competitiveness and Job Creation Project Coordination Unit
Attention: Ato Semere Birhanu – Project Coordinator
Email: email@example.com, cc:firstname.lastname@example.org,
Address: Yeka Sub City, Comoros Street, opposite to Kenya Embassy,
Habet Building, Near Bishan Gari Building, 3rd floor, Addis Ababa,Ethiopia.