The Dire Dawa Polytechnic College now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the works of Construction of Hostel, Workshops and Other Facilities
- Category : Construction Service & Maintenance
- Posted Date : 09/10/2021
- Phone Number : 0254117823
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 10/26/2021
Request for Bids
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
Country: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Name of Project: East Africa Skills for Transformation and Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP)
Contract Title: Construction of Hostels, Workshops and Other Facilities at Dire Dawa Polytechnic College
Credit No.: 6335-ET and Grant No.: D395-ET
RFB Reference No.: DD/ICB/W-01/2021
- The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (FDRE) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the East Africa Skills for Transformation and Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Construction of Hostels, Workshops and Other Facilities at Dire Dawa Polytechnic College.
- The Dire Dawa Polytechnic College now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the works of Construction of Hostel, Workshops and Other Facilities including: (i) One G+5 Students Dormitories Type-1 Building; (ii) One G+5 Students Dormitories Type-2 Building; (iii) One G+1 Workshops Type-1 Building; (iv) One Semi Basement + G+1 Workshops Type-2 Building; (iv) One Semi Basement + G+M Students Cafeteria Building; and (v) One Semi Basement + G+ 1 Library Building. The construction site is located at Dire Dawa Polytechnic College, Dire Dawa, Ethiopia. The construction period is 540 calendar days (18 months). The implementing agency will grant a margin of preference of 7.5% (seven and one-half percent) to domestic contractors, in accordance with, and subject to, the provisions described in the Standard Bidding Document. The minimum Financial Capabilities, Average Annual Construction Turnover, General Construction Experience, and Specific Construction & Contract Management Experience aspects are provided in the bidding document.
- Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016, Revised November 2017 and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Dire Dawa Polytechnic College, Mr. Zinaw Tsehayneh, Project Manager, email: email@example.com and inspect the bidding document during office hours 0800 to 1730 at the address given below.
- The bidding document in English language may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of USD 150 (USD One Hundred Fifty) or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be cashier’s check or direct deposit to Commercial Bank of Ethiopia, Dire Dawa TVET College, account number: 1000014235454. The document will be sent by courier for both overseas and local delivery. However, for delivery through postal systems the Employer shall not be responsible for any delay that may occur through the postal system.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 26 October 2021, 10:00 a.m. Ethiopian Time. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on 26 October 2021, 10:00 a.m.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of USD 75,000 (USD Seventy Five Thousand) or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency.
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
- The address referred to above is:
Dire Dawa Polytechnic College
Attention: Zinaw Tsehayneh, Project Manager, EASTRIP
Kebele 03, Gende-Depo at the back of Main Police Office
Textile and Leather Garment Department Building, Ground Floor, East Africa Skills for Transformation and Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP) Implementation Unit Office
P.O.Box: 216, 3000
Dire Dawa, Ethiopia
Telephone: +251 254 117823/ +251 915 730262