The Hawassa Polytechnic College, East Africa Skill Transformation and Regional Integration Project /EASTRIP/now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for Laboratory Tools, Equipment & Machinery
- Category : Laboratory Equipment’s
- Posted Date : 12/21/2022
- Phone Number : 0462125802
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 02/03/2023
Request for Bids
Laboratory Tools, Equipment & Machinery
Employer: Hawassa Polytechnic College
Project: East Africa Skills for Transformation and Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP)
Contract title: Procurement of Laboratory Tools, Equipment & Machinery
Credit No. / Grant No.: 6335-ET and D395-ET
RFB Reference No: HPTC/ICB/EASTRIP/G/01/2019
Issued on: December 25,2022
- The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the East Africa Skills for Transformation and Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the construction of college facilities at Hawassa Polytechnic College.
- The Hawassa Polytechnic College, East Africa Skill Transformation and Regional Integration Project /EASTRIP/now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for Laboratory Tools, Equipment & Machinery from those having experience under goods procurement. The procurement of the goods is expected to be completed within 120 calendar days.
- Bidding will be conducted through international competitive procurement using a Request for Bid (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Project Financing, Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016, Revised November 2017, August 2018 and Nov. 2020. (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from the Hawassa Polytechnic College (HPTC), East Africa Skills for Transformation and Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP) and inspect the bidding document during office hours from 8:00AM-12:00 PM and 2:00- 5:00 PM local time from Monday to Friday at the address given below.
- The bidding document in English language may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of ETB 1,500 /ETB One Thousand Five Hundred only / or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be in person or through Hawassa Polytechnic College bank account given below. The bidding document will be sent by e-mail when bidders attached the bank advice.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 21, February 2023, 10:00 A.M Local Time. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on 21, February 2023, at 10:30 A.M Local Time.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security. Which are stated in the table below,
The amount and currency of the Bid Security
|Lot No||Description of goods||Bid security amount in ETB or Equivalent amount in a feely convertible currency|
|1||Lab Scale Ginning and Spinning Machineries||150,000.00 ETB /USD 3,000.00/or Equivalent amount in freely convertible Currency|
|2||Weaving and Knitting Machineries and Equipment||500,000.00 ETB/ USD 10,000.00/ or Equivalent amount in freely convertible Currency|
|3||Wet-processing Machineries and Equipment||500,000.00 ETB/ USD 10,000.00/ or Equivalent amount in freely convertible Currency|
|4||Garment Machineries and Equipment, Physical Testing & Laboratory Equipment’s and Instruments and Utility Equipment’s||750,000.00 ETB/ USD 15,000.00/ or Equivalent amount in freely convertible Currency|
If the Bank guarantee is issued from other countries other than Ethiopian Banks, the guarantee should be counter guaranteed by Ethiopian Commercial Banks.
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
- The address referred to above is:
Hawassa Polytechnic College (HPTC)
East Africa Skills for Transformation and Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP), National Project Coordination Unit
Attention: Mr. Melese Didamo
Address: Hawassa Polytechnic College
Floor/ Room number: HPTC-EASTRIP Project Implementation Unit
Telephone: +251- 462125802/ 9- 16851196 / 9- 11276521 /
Electronic mail address: [email protected]
Bank Acct No: 1000338440379 Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (Hawassa Polytechnic College)