The Hunger Project Ethiopia (THP-E)would like to invite potential consultants for consultancy service
- Category : Academic Consultancy
- Posted Date : 04/16/2021
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone Number : 0111267151
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 04/29/2021
Request for Expression of Interest for Project Outcome Evaluation Consultancy Service
The Hunger Project Ethiopia (THP-E)would like to invite potential consultants for consultancy service for an evaluation of the project entitled ‘’Livelihood Improvement & Wealth Creation via Integrated Reforestation and Rehabilitation Project in Machakel Woreda, East Gojjam Zone of Amhara Regional State’’. The project objectives include:
- Restore degraded communal, grazing, and homestead lands by planting tree seedlings;
- Build the capacity of the community for sustainable natural resource management;
- Provide capacity building training to farmers, local government, and THP-E staff on sustainable Natural Resource Management and utilization;
- Improve ecosystem functions and services of degraded and fragmented communal bushlands and grazing lands;
- Harness agroforestry technologies to improve homestead tree planting and adoption of high-value trees both to support the ecosystem and achieve food security; and
- Improve the income of the local community through integrated agroforestry practices.
The purpose of the evaluation is to examine the level of achievements (outcomes/impacts) of the project, lesson learning for future similar projects; share knowledge and best practices gained from the project, and ensure accountability to the donor and other stakeholders on the intended deliverable. The requirements for potential bidders are:
- Should have sufficient and proven experience and skills in undertaking project evaluation;
- Experience in evaluating projects related to participatory forest management, microfinance and livelihood, agroforestry practices, restoration, and carbon sequestration.
- Experience, proven knowledge, and analytical capacity about participatory forest restoration, management, and livelihood improvement.
- Track recording participatory research methodologies as well as GPS manipulation.
- Understanding of the socio-cultural dynamics of community development and political context of Ethiopia.
- Qualification: MA/MSc in Forest, agriculture, development studies, land use management, etc. demonstrated in curriculum Vitae. Multi-disciplinary (Forestry, Agriculture, environmental science, etc.) team of individual/s or firms are eligible to apply.
- Renewed license for 2013 E.C.
Interested bidders who will fulfill the above requirements can collect the detailed Terms of Reference in person from The Hunger Project Ethiopia (THP-E) head office located near Koreas ZemachPark or request through e-mail @email@example.com.
Bidders are expected to submit the technical and financial proposals in sealed and separate envelopes to the Office of the Country Manager of THP-E until April 29, 2021.
Address: Tel: +251-111-267-151 or Mobile: +251-913-122-184