The Industrial Parks Development Corporation now invites eligible and qualified Consulting Firms
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 01/10/2023
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 01/20/2023
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST- CONSULTING FIRMS
FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA
INDUSTRIAL PARKS DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (IPDC)
COMPETITIVENESS & JOB CREATION PROJECT (CJCP)
PROJECT ID: P143302 Credit No: IDA 54510-ET Procurement Package Ref No.: ET-IPDC-330056-CS-LCS
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopiahas receivedfinancing from the International Development Association (IDA) the World Bank towards the cost of implementation of the Competitiveness & Job Creation Project (CJCP). The Industrial Parks Development Corporation (IPDC) – an implementing agency, intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this Credit to eligible payments under the contract for the Consultancy Services of “Environmental and Social Safeguards Compliance Audit for Bole-Lemi II and Kilinto Industrial Parks”.
The objectives of the consulting services (“the services”) are but not limited are the following:
The consultant shall determine specific set of criteria for the compliance audit as per scope of work.
- The consultant shall conduct the Environmental & Social Performance Audit in accordance with the ESMF, ESIAs, contract documents and other all relevant documents including the World Bank Environmental Health and Safety Guidelines and national environmental and social safeguard requirements.
- The consultant shall identify, evaluate and compile the list of environmental & social and Health & safety risks associated with operational phases of the project
- The consultant Shall assess and evaluate the effectiveness of mitigation measures and monitoring requirements for each identified potential impacts which have been stated in ESMF, ESIA/ESMP
- The consultant shall Identify cases of non or partial compliance and provide recommend appropriate corrective action plan for cases of non or partial E & S and H & S compliance. And so, the prepared Corrective Action Plan (CAP) shall include remedial actions/measures, estimated costs, responsible bodies for implementing corrective actions and monitoring.
- The consultant shall assess and evaluate the key challenges/gaps in the environmental and social safeguards implementation aspects of the CJC project (BLIP II & KIP).
- The consultant shall also assess whether the manufacturing plants under operation has prepared site specific E&S risk instruments or not, along with reasons in line with the ESMF and ESIAs requirements. Assess the impacts and risks related to WWTP and water supply system and operation and so, provide recommended corrective action plan as per assessment result
- Assess and recommend the safe handling and disposal mechanisms of significant amount of sludge and or hazardous solid wastes that will be produced from the WWTPs of the two sites, Bole Lemi II and Kilinto industrial park
- The consultant shall make recommendations for strengthening the institutional systems on preparation, implementation and monitoring of safeguard instruments that used to avoid, mitigate project risks and impacts.
- The consultant shall describe the environmental & social and health & safety legal, regulatory and institutional framework, with existing capacity of the relevant regulatory institutions. And also evaluate the actual capacity for managing and monitoring implementation of agreed mitigation measures and related E&S and H&S issues applicable to the project.
- the consultant shall also indicate particular institutional arrangements and/or capacity building programs that may be needed to ensure effectiveness of mitigation implementation and/or monitoring as per audit finding
- If applicable, the consultant shall identify risk of potential Land Acquisition, Involuntary Resettlement, and/or Livelihood Loss resulting from the IP development and assess the need for a RAP/LRP. And also identify and analyze any potential gender-specific impacts and opportunities for the assessment of the ES Performance Audit
- Present audit findings and recommend gap-filling and enhancement measures for the overall environmental and social management, with action plans
- Assess risks related to labor influx, covering Occupational, Health and Safety (OHS) and community, health and safety, effectiveness of Grievance Redress Mechanism
- Review the design and layout of both Wastewater Treatment Plants (WWTP) constructed for Kilinto and Bole Lemi II IPs, evaluate the treatment processes and the recommended minimum effluent standards for the relevant wastewater parameters, along with recommendations on its relevance, effectiveness and efficiency,
- Shall take into account views and concerns of key stakeholders, including relevant environment, Forest and Climate Change authorities, employees, and representatives of affected communities as identified during site visit and interviews, as deemed appropriate
- Assess and recommend the safe handling and disposal mechanisms of significant amount of sludge and or hazardous solid wastes that will be produced from the WWTPs of the two sites, Bole Lemi II and Kilinto.
- If conditions are fulfilled by IPDC, evaluate the capacity and effectiveness of the two WWTPs based on the testing and commissioning results of the WWTPs at its full capacity and with similar waste characteristics before the handover process.
- Identify cases of non or partial compliance; recommend appropriate corrective actions if cases of non or partial compliance are identified; assess the perception and views of the employees and the relevant stakeholder and make recommendations for strengthening the institutional systems for the preparation, implementation and monitoring of safeguard instruments.
- The consultant will combine the interim reports and key elements of the report into a draft report for dissemination to stakeholders by CJCP/IPDC. The consultant will prepare the final report, incorporating revisions suggested by CJCP/IPDC and by the World Bank. The Consultant may be required to participate in key follow-up discussions necessary to further dissemination of the findings and recommendations of the Environment and Social Performance Audit, particularly to the CJCP/IPDC, relevant lead agencies and the World Bank. The draft and final reports will specifically address and include the relevant: Legal, Regulatory and Institutional mechanisms in place with regards to environmental, health and safety regulations.
- In general, the scope of work should include a description of the specific activities that will be performed in order to accomplish the required performance assessment and audit and tasks identified in the TOR. This should include any proposed site visits/reconnaissance, documents to be reviewed, interviews, stakeholder meetings, etc. If the Consultant believes that additional tasks or components within a required task are necessary or warranted, these should be stated and delineated as “Optional Tasks”.
Duration of the assignment:2 (two) Calendar Months.
The Industrial Parks Development Corporation now invites eligible and qualified Consulting Firms to indicate their interest in providing the Consultancy Services of “Environmental and Social Safeguards Compliance Audit for Bole-Lemi II and Kilinto Industrial Parks”. InterestedConsulting Firms should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience on“Environmental and Social Safeguards Compliance Audit on Industrial Parks”. Firms may include any relevant information that may indicate their experience and relevance for the assignment. This may include: brochures, core business, years of experience in the business, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, technical and managerial organizational structure of the firm, number of key staff, availability of appropriate skills among staff, general qualification etc.).
The following criteria will be used to assess the Expression of Interest documents;
- Core Business and Years in Business. The Firm should have been in business for at least 5 (five) years;
- Specific Experience on training service of skills centersand experience in similar conditions. The consultant shall also have executed at least 3 contracts of similar nature and size;
- Technical Capability and Managerial Organization of the Firm; and
- General Qualifications and number of Key Staff as well as availability of appropriate skills among staff necessary for successful implementation of the assignment (no need to provide CVs at this stage).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) “Consultant Guidelines”, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. The Expression of Interest should clearly specify the type of relationship the consultants propose to establish.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014) “Consultant Guidelines” through a Least Cost Selection (LCS).Further information can be obtained at the address below from 09:00 A.M to 12:30 A.M hours and from 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M hours, Mondays to Thursdays and 09:00 A.M to 11:30 A.M and 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M hours on Fridays during working days and office hours.
Expression of Interest along with Documentary Evidences can be sent through e-mail:[email protected] with a copy to e-mail: [email protected] or can be delivered to the address below marked “Expression of Interest for the Consultancy Service for “Environmental and Social Safeguards Compliance Audit for Bole-Lemi II and Kilinto Industrial Parks”, Procurement Package Reference No.: ET-IPDC-330056-CS-LCS on or before January 20, 2023up to 5:00 P.M. Addis Ababa Time.
Industrial Parks Development Corporation (IPDC), Competitiveness and Job Creation Project (CJCP), Yeka Sub City, Comoros Street, opposite to Kenya Embassy, HA-BET Building, 3rd Floor, Near Bishan Gari Building, Addis Ababa