The Information Telecommunication Technology Policy Study Center under PSI would like to employ one potential lead researchers
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 10/23/2022
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 10/28/2022
CALL FOR RESEARCH
THE FEDERAL DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ETHIOPIA POLICY STUDIES INSTITUTE
The Information Telecommunication Technology Policy Study Center under PSI would like to employ one potential lead researchers who can work jointly with the Center to conduct nationwide research entitled “Assessing a Digital Transformation Maturity Levels: The Case of Priority Sectors in Ethiopia”.
TERM OF REFERENCE (TOR)
Digital transformation is the integration of digital technology into all areas of a business resulting in fundamental changes to how businesses operate and how they deliver value to users. Organizations, think about what digital transformation will mean – in practice – to their institutions and how they will articulate it. As information and communications technology (ICT) plays an increasingly important role in all sectors, it is even more important to assess and evaluate the digital maturity of sectors. This is because knowledge of the digital maturity level and measures to improve the gaps help to facilitate digital transformation. Ethiopia has developed a digital transformation strategic plan that aims to alleviate severe poverty and increase the prosperity of society. However, the maturity level of digital transformation has not yet been studied. The objective of this study is to assess the maturity of digital transformation in Ethiopia, which is the driving force for the global economy in the Ethiopian digital transformation priority sector. Determining the level of digital transformation of an organization is used to know the status of the organization and identify problem areas. In this study, we mainly focus on agriculture, the IT enabling service sector ( IT ), and the tourism sector. At the end of this study, we will critically identify the technology transformation practices of Ethiopia’s digital transformation priority sectors based on Ethiopia’s digital transformation agendas using the digital maturity model. Therefore, this study examines the maturity of digital transformation in Ethiopia’s priority areas. Finally, the study identifies the problem areas and provides feedback for the future based on the results extracting impactful policy options and recommendations for the corresponding body, which the current study intends to do.
Objectives of the Research
This research has intended to meet the following objectives:
- To evaluate the current level of the maturity of digital transformation of the Ethiopian digital transformation priority sectors using the most relevant digital maturity evaluation model.
- To identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) to implement digital technology in Ethiopia’s digital transformation priority sector.
- Give feedback to policymakers and other stakeholders about the status of the digital maturity of Ethiopian priority sectors and prepare a strategy on how to achieve the required improvement area.
Primary and secondary data will be collected and both quantitative and qualitative approaches will be employed to analyze the data appropriate and rigorous descriptive and empirical analysis methods will be employed as required in meeting the objectives of the study.
Major Job Description (Activities)
The Researcher is required to;
- Undertake an intensive theoretical and empirical review of related literature;
- Participate in the review of data collection tools;
- Identifying the stage of digital maturity and assessing the problem areas and producing a comparative analysis document;
- Identify policy gaps in relation to implementing the Ethiopian digital transformation strategy.
- Conduct a stakeholder mapping study;
- Conduct a benchmarking study;
- Develop a draft analysis of the findings
- Participate in research methodology design development and data collection;
- Conduct data analysis;
- Present the draft analysis on the validation workshop
- Incorporate comments and feedback and prepare the final draft
- Present the final research finding in a closing workshop
- Submit the final document with recommendations and policy briefs
- Data collection tools
- First draft of the compiled study
- Final version of the compiled study
- Brief summary of the research findings and
- Recommendations and policy brief
Qualification for Researchers
|Specialization of Researchers||Qualification||Position||Required Number|
|Computer Science||PhD||Lead researcher||1|
Applicants for the lead researcher position should have a Ph.D. degree in the respective specialization areas and teaching and research experiences in government universities and international organizations as well as publications in reputable journals. For the lead researcher, position applicants should have a computer science background with a high level of expertise in statistical analysis and programming skills using different tools in (C++, C, C#, Python, Java, R, PHP, Visual basics, MATLAB, XML).For this position, solid research experience with publications and practical experience in survey data analysis using standardized qualitative and quantitative data analysis software is required.
NB: Female applicants are highly encouraged.
Professional fee: will be as per the rate of Policy Studies Institute
Duration: The duration of the research service is 60 days (2 months) after the signing of the agreement between the researcher and PSI. However, the following condition needs to be met during the lifetime of the agreement.
- The researcher should accomplish every deliverable within two months of the date of the agreement.
- The payment shall be made after deliverables are submitted and particulars will be determined in the contractual agreement.
Applicants should submit their CV and credentials in person to the Office of Human Resource Development Directorate Director at Policy Study Institute, in front of the national stadium, next to Betezata Hospital for five consecutive working days following the announcement in newspaper.
email: [email protected]