The MoH and Cordaid are therefore seeking proposals from qualified universities in Ethiopia to conduct an external/counter verification of results for the PBF project
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 10/29/2022
- E-mail : procurementET@cordaid.org
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 11/11/2022
External/Counter verification of Results for Performance Based Financing (PBF) for Health in Addis Ababa City Administration, SNNP, and Somali Regions
The Ethiopian Ministry of Health (MoH) in partnership with Catholic Organization for Relief and Development Aid (CORDAID) with funding from the Netherlands Embassy are Piloting a Performance Based Financing (PBF) in Addis Ababa, SNNP and Somali regions. The project will use result-based financing approaches to reward service providers based on pre agreed targets. The project will follow the FMoH design as stipulated in the Project Implementation Manual (PIM) of the FMoH. The project seeks to improved availability and accessibility of good quality healthcare at primary and secondary level in the geographical areas, and a stronger health system at large, which supports the progressive realization of Universal Health Coverage (UHC) in line with SDG target 3.8.
The MoH and Cordaid are therefore seeking proposals from qualified universities in Ethiopia to conduct an external/counter verification of results for the PBF project in the three regions through the three-year duration of this project. This call is for identification of interested universities and contracting will be done at appropriate times during the project implementation phase. Interested and qualified entities are expected to review the attached Terms of References (TOR) and submit proposal for the call integrating the relevant portions of the ToR in their proposal submissions. Proposals not meeting the ToR requirements will not be considered. The expression of interest should contain a technical proposal and a financial proposal.
- Technical Proposal
The technical proposal should include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Understanding of the TOR
- Detailed plans and methods to fulfil the ToR including sampling and sample size estimation
- Details of organizational capacity to undertake the ToR and previous relevant work, including at least 3 recent references with contact information
- Names and backgrounds of key personnel responsible for the project (including CVs).
- Details of any component of the ToR that would be subcontracted to another organization where applicable; and
- A detailed work-plan based on all key milestones put forth in the TOR.
- Risks, mitigatory measures and assumptions
- Financial proposal
- Cost breakdown by professional fees and travel expenses
- Cost breakdown by project deliverables (based on the TOR)
- Notes on the Financial Proposal
Proposals will be evaluated by a selection committee of the MOH and Cordaid on the following:
- Quality, clarity, and completeness in relation to the TOR.
- Organizational expertise in technical and operational aspects of census and/or sample survey.
- Success undertaking similar work and delivery of quality product in a timely manner.
- Experience and capacity of key personnel; and
- Cost efficiency
- Application Process
Interested candidates can request for the full TOR on the following email address:
procurementET@cordaid.org with subject “External Verification of Results for PBF”.
Candidates must apply addressing all the required expertise and qualifications, clearly by submitting a technical and financial proposal. All applications should be submitted by the 11th of November 2022 to Cordaid logistics and procurement team on the following email address: procurementET@cordaid.org,