The United National Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) Calls for Applications
- Category : Education & Training Services
- Posted Date : 11/24/2021
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 12/03/2021
Call for Applications
Training on the Collection, Analysis and Use of Citizen-Generated Data for Reporting of the SDGs-5 and gender-specific indicators in other SDGs
The United National Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) Ethiopia Country Office and the International Institute of Rural Reconstruction Ethiopia (IIRR Ethiopia) welcome submissions of applications to take part in the Training on the Collection, Analysis and Use of Citizen Generated Data for Reporting of the SDGs-5 and gender specific indicators in other SDGs. The training will tentatively take place from 14 to 17 December 2021. The venue of the training will be announced to selected participants.
The training aims to enhance the capacity of trainees to collect, analyze and generate Citizen-Generated Data. Its target beneficiaries are gender and statistics experts from gender equality and women’s empowerment organizations, international and local civil society organizations. The specific objectives of the training include:
- Enhance understanding on the Sustainable Development Goals, targets, and indicators and how to compile data against them.
- Increase trainees’ knowledge on definition, benefits, and limitations of CGD.
- Equip participants with the methodologies of developing and utilizing CGD.
Gender experts, researchers, policy makers and practitioners on gender, statistics and data who meet the below eligibility criteria are welcome to submit their applications:
- An advanced degree in statistics, social science, development studies, gender studies, human rights or related fields. A bachelor’s degree may be considered where applicants have two years of work experience in area of gender, statistics, and data.
- Presently working with organization that focus on gender equality and women’s rights, preferably in areas involving gender data and statistics.
- Familiarity with national and global development, human rights, and gender frameworks.
- Proficiency in English language.
- Able to fully commit to the training schedules.
- Commitment to implement knowledge and skills grasped in the training in their respective organizations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may submit motivational letter, CV and organizational representation letter to Rahel Shiferaw at email@example.com and Esete Berile at firstname.lastname@example.org CC: Yodit Hailemichael at email@example.com latest by 3 December 2021.
Terms and Conditions
- Incomplete applications and late submissions will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- IIRR Ethiopia will cover the costs of travel, accommodation, and meals for the selected participants for the duration of the training.