The World Resources Institute would like to recruit an experienced consultant firm
- Category : Baseline Consultancy
- Posted Date : 06/11/2021
- E-mail : Gubignet.Tekle@wri.org
- Source : Reporter
- Closing Date : 06/25/2021
Call for Consultancy Services
The World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI and its partners are working to address critical challenges that the world must overcome to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet.
One of these challenges is to make food and land use systems more sustainable, which will require identifying real, actionable solutions and making then an urgent and shared global priority. That is why WRI, and other global and national actors established the Food and Land Use Coalition. Since 2018, Coalition partners have enhanced research and analysis, developed policy and decision-making tools, engaged in policy dialogue, and build capacity to support the transformation of food and land use systems that meet national needs.
To achieve a more sustainable food and land use system in Ethiopia, WRI is supporting the government to transition from subsistence to commercial farming in an economically, socially, and environmentally sustainable manner. For this purpose, WRI would like to recruit an experienced consultant firm to compile evidence of sustainable and regenerative agricultural technologies and practices in Ethiopia and prepare a plan to advance the most promising interventions within areas prioritized for agricultural commercialization.
- A detailed company profile.
- Clear technical and financial proposals.
- A renewed business license for the current Ethiopian Fiscal Year.
- A valid VAT Registration Certificate and Tax Identification Number (TIN).
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Nationally recognized and reputed institution or firm known for conducting studies and advising the government and non-governmental organizations in advancing sustainable agricultural development and providing evidence-based guidance and tools to promote a transition to more productive and sustainable agriculture at national and local levels.
- A firm with at least 10 years of consultancy work in the areas of agriculture, natural resources management, and development.
- A firm with proven skills in critically assessing and synthesizing information and in producing accurate and concisely written work plan.
- A firm with a good track record of introducing evidence-based solutions to improve agricultural production, advance regenerative and other sustainable technologies and practices, and enhance nutrition sensitive agriculture, with successful completion of similar consultancies in Ethiopia.
- A firm with the ability to network well and cultivate good relationships with collaborators from a wide range of experties and orgnizations across the board.
Interested applicants can obtain a Terms of Reference in electronic format from Gubignet Tekle (Gubignet.Tekle@wri.org). All proposals must be submitted in electronic format by 5:00pm (EAT), June 25, 2021 with copies to Gubignet.Tekle@wri.org, Segenet.Tessema@wri.org, and Sofia.Ahmed@wri.org. Please use “Sustainable Commercialization of Agriculture” for the email subject line.